Have you ever wanted to fly a bike wheel?
Want to make a bike wheel quadcopter Or maybe even a keyboard copter? Well jasper has done just that. With a 3D printed clamp system called Drone It Yourself, you’re able to turn almost anything you find laying around the house into a flying quadcopter for just $19.95. Ok so I lied about the $19.95 part; it’s actually not for sale (unfortunately) but if you know what your doing and you have a 3D printer you could make your own Bike wheel quadcopter if you really wanted to.
Electronics he used:
Here are some electronics that are almost identical to what he used. It’s really not that different from the parts used on the How To Build A Quadcopter page. You can also download Jasper’s print files here and build log here.
- Transmitter and receiver: Turnigy9x
- Flight controller: open pilot CC3D
- Motors: NTM Prop Drive Series 28-26A 1200kv
- Props: 10×4.5 SF Props 2pc CW 2 pc CCW Rotation
- Prop adapters: NTM Prop Drive 28 Series Accessory Pack
- ESCs: TURNIGY Plush 30amp Speed Controller
- Battery: Turnigy nano-tech 3000mah 3S 25~50C Lipo Pack
- Charger: Turnigy Accucel-8 150W 7A Balancer/Charger
The bike wheel quadcopter video
I really like it when people make high quality videos, whether it’s a million-dollar product or not.