Welcome to the Phantom 2 information page.
It's supper easy to use. The flight times are great. The parts are pretty high quality. It takes amazing video when using the Hero 4 (better than any other drone in its size range).
The Props show up in Hero 4 footage when using the wide mode. It's sometimes hard to see the indicator lights in the daytime. third-party components are required for FPV.
Phantom 2 Specifications
Weight with GoPro, gimbal and prop guards
Flight time with prop guards, gimbal and camera
Max communication range
30mph (17mph with GPS on)
About 3 feet
15°F ~ 120°F
About 1 hour
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are there any flying regulations? yes. If you live in the United States, don't fly over 400 feet, near airports, or in any restricted areas. If you live somewhere else in the world, just follow any regulations that there may be for RC model aircrafts in your area. For more info about regulations in the United States, go to the Official Know Before You Fly website.
- What is the difference between the Phantom 2 and the Phantom 2 Vision Plus? The biggest difference, is that the Phantom 2 uses the GoPro which produces higher quality video. The Phantom 2 Vision Plus does have some other advantages though. For more info, click here.
- Are all of the parts replaceable? Yes. Virtually every part for the Phantom 2 is replaceable. Some parts may come in sets, but you shouldn't have a problem replacing anything.
- Where can I go if I have more questions? Just go to the MyFirstDrone Facebook group and our community will answer any questions you can think of. Alternatively you can send us an Email through our contact page.
- Is it hard to fly? Not at all. A lot of drones can be hard to fly, but the Phantom Uses an array of on-board sensors to keep it where you want it. That's why we recommend the Phantom 2 as a great quadcopter for Beginners and Experts alike.
Let's face it, quadcopters are hard to fly – but that's why drones like the Phantom 2 have GPS receivers! By using a GPS, the Phantom 2 can accurately hold its position, keeping you from drifting off course. One of the coolest features about the Phantom 2, is that it can calculate how much battery-life it has left and compare that to how far it is from its home-point. So if it determines that there's not enough power to continue flying, it will automatically go into return-to-home mode, come back home and land before the battery dies.
3 Axis Stabilization
Whether you're using the DJI Zenmuse H3-3D (designed for the Hero 3) or the H4-3D (designed for the Hero 4), you can be sure that you'll always be able to take super smooth cinematic shots. Zenmuse gimbals have an accuracy level of less than 0.03 degrees, which makes it very precise compared to other gimbals on the market.
With the Smart Battery, you can forget everything you ever learned about lipo batteries. With the onboard Phantom 2 Smart battery, you'll never have to worry about balancing or over-charging your batteries again. All you have to do is plug it into the included charger. The Smart Battery can also give you useful power-related data such as: percentage of charge, cell voltages, Temperature, current capacity, number of discharge cycles and more.
Videos Shot Using The Phantom 2
Ready To Get Your own Phantom 2?
Have you done the research to know that you're ready to buy a Phantom 2? Click the button below to get your Phantom 2 today!