It’s here! The Hero 4 is finally announced and we have some real video footage to watch!
It’s been a few days since the original rumor about the Hero 4 came out. Since then, GoPro officially announced the GoPro Hero 4 Black, Silver and a new camera called the GoPro Hero.
Almost all of the rumors were spot on. The hero 4 Black will do 4K video at 30FPS, 2.7K at 50FPS and 1080p at 120FPS.
Here’s the full list of features for the Hero 4 Black Edition.
- Doubled frame rate in almost every resolution (other than 720p)
- Better audio with Two times the dynamic range of the old camera
- Audio preamp for better external mic support
- Auto low light mode (changes frame rates based on lighting conditions)
- Night Lapse (long exposure time lapses)
- Protune in videos and Photos
- Built in Bluetooth on top of WiFi
- Dedicated tagging button
The Hero 4 Silver Edition is missing basically two main features from what I can see. It can’t record at the higher frame rates like 4K at 30FPS and it’s missing the built in audio preamp. But with the Hero 4 Silver Edition you get an LCD touch screen.
Honestly, I was expecting the GoPro Hero 4 Black Edition to be the same price as the Hero 3 when it came out 2 years ago, but apparently that’s not the case.
The Hero 4 Black Edition will be $499 and the Hero 4 Silver Edition will be $399.
Here’s the Hero 4 video that GoPro just released! Over all, this video has some amazing shots. I even saw a few aerial videos (most likely taken with a DJI Phantom 2). There was a little bit of compression artifacts when I was watching the video, but I think it was just youtube acting up.
I believe drone enthusiasts around the world are going to love the new GoPro Hero 4.