ANY EXPERIENCED DRONE PILOT WILL TELL YOU “IT’S ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE YOU CRASH”.
DJI has decided to offer DJI Care. Just like Apple Care, DJI Care is a new damage protection plan for the Phantom 4, Phantom 3, Mavic Pro and Inspire 2.
With DJI Care, you can fly with complete confidence. It covers most of the common accidents that people have with their drones, so even when you do crash, you won’t be throwing thousands of dollars out the window. To be clear, this is not a warranty. All DJI products come with a free warranty, so if your Phantom decides to crash itself do to a software or firmware issue, they will look at the flight log files and fix your drone for free.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
When you order your drone, you will now have the choice to add DJI Care to your Phantom 3, Phantom 4, or Inspire 2. There’s a 6-month plan and a 12-month plan, but both plans are identical in terms of what they cover. Once you add DJI care to your order, you will need to give them a few details like your name, phone number and email address. After filling out your details, proceed with your order just like you normally would and you’ll be all set!
After owning your DJI drone, If you have an accident, all you have to do is contact DJI support. they will send you the shipping info, fix your drone and then send it back to you for free (even if the accident was your fault).
WHAT DJI CARE WILL COVER
Basically, the plan covers damage to the drone and it’s camera/gimbal, so in most cases you will never have to worry about crashing. Here are some examples of things that DJI Care will cover.
- If you’re out at the park and someone throws a baseball, knocking your Phantom 4 out of the sky, it’s covered.
- If you accidentally crash into the roof of your house while taking your first flight, it’s covered!
- Maybe you’re out on what seems like a perfectly normal day, but what you didn’t know is that there’s a massive amount of radio interference from a solar flare, causing your Phantom to mistake a tree for a landing site. No problem.
- Perhaps you’re just trying out the Follow Me mode and your Phantom 4 decides to follow you into a light poll (because it doesn’t have obstacle avoidance). Again, this isn’t a problem if you have DJI Care!
WHAT DJI CARE WILL NOT COVER
Here are some of the most important things that DJI Care will not cover. There are a few other things that DJI doesn’t cover, but these are the things that we found to be the most important to know.
- Intentional accidents. One example would be, If you decided to shoot a video of yourself lighting your Phantom on fire to get lots of hits on Youtube.
- Any repair fees resulting from or following water damage. Sorry swimmers, surfers, and sailers. If your Phantom falls into the lake, or lands in the swimming pool, you can’t get it repaired for free.
- Personal injury and/or property loss to the customer or any other people caused by the aircraft. In other words, if you hurt yourself, someone else or maybe even crash into a Ferrari , you’re still responsible for your actions.
- Lost or partially lost aircraft and accessories. If you plan on flying far away and loosing your Phantom, you better be able to find the remains or it won’t be covered. Buying a GPS tracker could be a good idea for long range missions.